Preston Bus announcement about potential Stagecoach takeover
The following announcement has been pinned up on all Preston Bus vehicles and also posted on their website, good news if you’ve got a current pass from the company. For those who don’t know, the local bus company – Preston Bus – is currently considering a takeover bid from the national firm Stagecoach:
“Preston Bus Passenger Update
Passengers may be aware that Stagecoach Holdings
plc have made an offer to purchase Preston Bus.
The employee shareholders of this company
are currently considering this offer.
Please be assured that any change to the ownership of
this company will not affect the continued validity of weekly,
monthly or 3 monthly Rambler passes. These can
continue to be purchased from normal outlets.
Preston Bus thanks our passengers for their support and
we look forward to this continuing in the future.”
- 18th, January 2009
Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
Most Read posts
- Penwortham charity shop letter causes social media outrage
- In pictures: Demolition at former Whittingham Mental Hospital
- Residents unhappy with "mini housing estate" plan for rural Preston workshop
- Preston Market and shopping centre celebrates St George's Day
- Winckley Square conservation funding bid ready for approval