Save Preston Bus Station
Hello, Recently I had a story printed in the LEP and I want to know your thoughts on it.
I just want everyone to know that I am not against the regeneration of Preston at all – there is a lot of it that I think should be knocked down, like St. Johns Centre. The Bus Station is too big for what Preston needs, maybe they could continue to use the back half of it, maybe it could be converted into a big John Lewis? I don’t know? I know idiots hang around in there, I know it smells like piss and “shake and vac” mixed together – it is dropping to bits, but I can’t help but love it. Once over it was the symbol of the future, with its white tiles and rubber floors and seats that were too high and small to sit on. Now it is a symbol of the past- our past and they want to take it away. It just doesn’t feel right!
And have you all noticed that all of Preston Buses now have the Stagecoach logo on them?
Sad isn’t it?
Please give me your support via the Facebook group
- 28th, January 2009
Most Read posts
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper 776 views
- Teenager arrested after Cadley Causeway stabbing 638 views
- Preston North End to give youngster spare Beckford signed shirt plus a stadium tour 573 views
- Watch: Man wanted by police after kicking open door of student flats 435 views
- Preston school plan for London Road site is resubmitted 404 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)10 comments
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper3 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)6 comments
- Preston city centre approval rating grows in latest survey2 comments
- Preston park playgrounds to go smokefree3 comments