140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- How Glovers Court restaurants and flats plan may look 1,256 views
- Five players to leave Preston North End following promotion 543 views
- Michael Portillo is filming in Preston 483 views
- Longton Community Church wants to convert former Halfords garage 393 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 6) 210 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)10 comments
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper3 comments
- Preston city centre approval rating grows in latest survey2 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)6 comments
- Opinion: Why art-deco beauty Lancastria House needs to be saved from Preston Markets plan11 comments