Withy Trees pub given ‘dream’ refurbishment
The Withy Trees pub has been given a fresh lease of life thanks to a new ownership and refurbishment.
Situated on Lytham Road, Fulwood, the pub had been in a downward spiral until the last landlord’s licence was revoked.
Lisa Gosling, a local nurse in want of change, pitched her business plan for the failing pub. Without any experience in the industry Lisa felt she had little chance of her dream coming to light. To gain firsthand experience she applied for bar staff work at The Withy Trees:
“It worked really well for me, the regulars and the other staff got to know me as me, so when all the gossip [of a new landlady] was being generated, I ended up saying actually it’s me! Everybody was thrilled; I got a lot of positives from it.”
Lisa, alongside husband Andy, put their success down to their fresh look on the industry: “They wanted somebody fresh, somebody new, somebody with ideas. Not somebody that has been in the business for 20 years and is set in their ways.”
The Punch Tavern has invested £200,000 in the refurbishment of The Withy Tree. This has allowed for a complete alteration to both the interior and exterior of the building. Lisa said: “I love when people walk through the front door and are like wow!”
After the strong turnout for their grand opening last weekend, Lisa and Andy have planned a variety of future events. These events cater to their varied regulars, ranging from 18 to 80 year olds.
Andy said: “It’s about having something different to offer, that’s how you run a good pub”. With the addition of Wi-Fi, a complete refurbishment, the largest beer garden in Preston and two new chefs, The Withy Trees certainly has something different to offer everybody.
To continue following the Gosling’s success and find more information on their forthcoming events please see here.
- 8th, December 2010
Most Read posts
- Preston North End to give youngster spare Beckford signed shirt plus a stadium tour 1,962 views
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper 1,365 views
- Teenager arrested after Cadley Causeway stabbing 793 views
- Bruccianis applies to serve alcohol at Fishergate cafe 269 views
- Man dies after Ingol collision 239 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)10 comments
- Aldi store confirmed for Queens Retail Park4 comments
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper3 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)6 comments
- Preston park playgrounds to go smokefree2 comments