Deadline looms for comments on new Preston housing plans
Tomorrow is the final day for residents across Preston to have their say on where 22,000 new homes could be built in the area.
Preston, South Ribble and Chorley needs to build new homes by 2026 to meet its exploding population and planners want your views on where these new homes could go.
View a map showing the proposed sites
View Potential housing development sites in and around Preston in a larger map
The major sites are at Cottam, the north of Preston and south between Penwortham and Lostock Hall. The majority of sites will be built on greenfield land.
Local councils are being urged to think regionally for how to deal with the demand for new housing, and this guest post from Michael Wellock from Kirkwells Town Planning called on town halls not to ignore the Central Lancashire strategy.
The plans are available at www.centrallancashire.com, and all comments on the plan can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Freepost, Central Lancashire LDF. You must write to them by 5pm on 13th December 2011. Any comments made will be made public, and only your name will be published.
- 12th, December 2011
Most Read posts
- How Glovers Court restaurants and flats plan may look 1,152 views
- Michael Portillo is filming in Preston 356 views
- Longton Community Church wants to convert former Halfords garage 335 views
- Five players to leave Preston North End following promotion 219 views
- Growth of £3.1 million recorded within Preston firm 134 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)10 comments
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper3 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)6 comments
- Preston city centre approval rating grows in latest survey2 comments
- Opinion: Why art-deco beauty Lancastria House needs to be saved from Preston Markets plan11 comments