Alleygating plans on the agenda for Counties area of Deepdale
Gates are set to come down on troubled back alleys in Deepdale, as the council applies for permission to gate them.
Preston City Council have asked to gate the Counties area of Deepdale, and if successful will see 29 alleygates installed on lanes which run in the area between Argyll Road and St Pauls Road.
View a map showing where the alleygates could go
View Alleygating in the Counties area of Deepdale in a larger map
The gating is part of a wider scheme in the city to reduce anti-social behaviour and follows an announcement earlier this commiting an extra £138,000 to gating in Deepdale, Ashton, St Matthews and the Town Centre wards.
Deepdale councillor Ismail Bax, speaking to Blog Preston earlier this month, said local residents would be able to reclaim their streets.
He said: “Overall, it is a fantastic scheme and the residents are really happy with the outcome. It has made a very positive difference in terms of negating anti-social behaviour and fly tipping and will greatly help to reduce crime as well.”
A spate of alleygating has already taken place in the Canaries area of Deepdale.
Councillors on the planning committee will decide whether to give the go-ahead on Monday 6th February at the Town Hall. View the full plans on the council website.
Do you live in Deepdale? What do you think about the alleygating plans? Let us know your views in the comments below
Image credit to norbet1
- 31st, January 2012
Most Read posts
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper 637 views
- Teenager arrested after Cadley Causeway stabbing 611 views
- Preston North End to give youngster spare Beckford signed shirt plus a stadium tour 514 views
- Watch: Man wanted by police after kicking open door of student flats 378 views
- Man dies after Ingol collision 301 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)10 comments
- Aldi store confirmed for Queens Retail Park4 comments
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper3 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)6 comments
- Preston park playgrounds to go smokefree3 comments