Mini moto rider from Ingol killed after lamppost crash
A man from Ingol has died after his mini moto crashed into a lamppost.
Collin Mayor, 22, was riding along Pope Lane onto Miller Road when he collided with the kerb and a lamppost.
He sustained multiple serious injuries and was rushed to Royal Preston Hospital, but died at around 9.30am yesterday.
The incident occured around 1.20pm on Tuesday and police have launched an appeal for information.
Sgt Jon Allwright, from Lancashire Police’s Force Road Policing Unit, said: “I’d appeal for any witnesses that saw the collision or anyone who may have seen the man riding the mini-moto earlier in the day to contact police on 101 and quote log number LC-20120410-0594.
“We have deployed specially trained officers to support the family at this time and thoughts are with them.
“This accident however provides a stark reminder to the danger of riding mini-motos, especially on the road.
“Anyone wishing for guidance on mini-motos should contact the road policing unit at Preston.”
- 12th, April 2012
Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
Most Read posts
- Council u-turn after Palestinian flag is raised over Preston Town Hall
- In pictures: Gaza peace march through Preston city centre
- Jobs lost in Preston as Unipart Automotive enters administration
- CCTV images issued following vandalism at a Lancashire train station
- Curry kitchen: Preston's Muslim community feeds the city homeless