Food festival set for Winckley Square in September
A giant edible map of Preston will take over Winckley Square in September as part of a food festival.
The Square Food Festival will run during the Guild and show off the best of Lancashire’s food and drink on Saturday 1 September and Sunday 2 September.
Visitors to the foodie feast will be able to make their favourite Preston building out of cake, and then eat them up at the Great Preston Picnic on Sunday 2 September.
Stella Hall, festival director at Preston Guild 2012, said: “This is a fantastic part of the Guild celebrations which will really highlight some of the delicious food and drink that is produced locally.
“Foodies of all ages will be able to get involved and experience a real taste of Lancashire. And with the fun food activities including foraging trips and Cake City on offer visitors need to bring an empty stomach and a full sense of adventure.”
The event is the culmination of the Love Food, Love Preston festival which runs throughout August and aims to promote eating out in the city.
Winckley Square will be transformed for the weekend and include tastings, workshops and lots of stalls selling local produce.
What do you think about the food festival? Will you be going? Let us know your views in the comments below
Image credit to Tony Worrall
- 29th, May 2012
Most Read posts
- Preston school plan for London Road site is resubmitted 440 views
- Five players to leave Preston North End following promotion 417 views
- Man elbowed in the face in Friargate 385 views
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper 165 views
- Longton Community Church wants to convert former Halfords garage 104 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)10 comments
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper3 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)6 comments
- Preston city centre approval rating grows in latest survey2 comments
- Opinion: Why art-deco beauty Lancastria House needs to be saved from Preston Markets plan11 comments