Photos + Video: Preston Caribbean Carnival
The rain didn’t interrupt Preston’s annual Caribbean Carnival celebrations yesterday, as vibrant costumes and up beat music paraded through the city centre.
Although the weather didn’t live up to expectations, crowds of people still lined the procession route from Moor Park to Avenham Park to cheer on the performers. Samba band Batala got people in the mood with some impressive beats outside the entrance to Miller Arcade, before the procession – led by the King and Queen from New Generation – made its way along Lancaster Road and down Fishergate. The procession welcomed bands from Luton, Nottingham, Manchester and Birmingham, as well as six local bands, community groups and several individuals.
Check out our photos and video from the procession below.
Were you at the Carnival yesterday? Tell us what you thought about the procession in the comments below.
- 4th, June 2012
Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
Most Read posts
- Curry kitchen: Preston's Muslim community feeds the city homeless
- Major roadworks to begin at Deepdale Retail Park
- Preston hospital wards win award for high standards of care
- New Preston city centre Wetherspoons to be called Twelve Tellers and serve booze until 2am
- Dangerous dog surgery to be held by police in Preston