University Police launch UCLan student safety pages
Lancashire Police recently launched new social media pages on Twitter and Facebook with the aim of improving safety of UCLan students in Preston.
As part of Lancashire Police’s 2013 Freshers campaign, they aim to educate students on how to take steps to reduce their risk of becoming a victim of crime.
Covering all aspects of a student’s life, the UCLan police give advice on subjects, such as how to keep their personal possessions safe and how to stay safe on nights out.
A Lancashire Constabulary spokesperson said; “We’ve launched this campaign to help our students do as much as possible to ensure they aren’t a victim of crime.
“In particular, the core message of this year’s campaign is ‘Stick together, stay safe’ as there really is safety in numbers, and encouraging students to stick together will help to dramatically reduce their risk of becoming a victim of crime.
“As part of the campaign, students at UCLan will be able to access crime prevention advice and information tailored specifically for them via Facebook and Twitter pages dedicated to each university.
“Each page will feature regular updates on crime in the local area, crime prevention advice and details of when and where students can meet up with members of their local Neighbourhood Policing Team.”
The UCLan police remind students that there have been a few incidents where students have had their mobile phones snatched from their hands and ask you be aware when using your phones in public. Keep them secure when you are not using them. Their officers have free mobile ‘bungees’ available that help secure phones.
Students new to the city, the university police team office can be found on Adelphi Street in the heart of the campus. Very close to the university library.
Contact UCLan police at http://www.lancashire.police.uk
- 26th, September 2013
Most Read posts
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper 719 views
- Teenager arrested after Cadley Causeway stabbing 629 views
- Preston North End to give youngster spare Beckford signed shirt plus a stadium tour 547 views
- Watch: Man wanted by police after kicking open door of student flats 410 views
- Man dies after Ingol collision 313 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)10 comments
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper3 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)6 comments
- Preston city centre approval rating grows in latest survey2 comments
- Preston park playgrounds to go smokefree3 comments